1.26.2006

wake up

my brain is waking up. i know that it's not really a "muscle" per se, and you don't literally "feed" your brain, but i feel like i'm both exercising it and nourishing it. every class, every new encounter, every thought - new, or merely recovered - makes my mind stretch a little further. yay.

five classes, and one performance lab, and stimulation from like and unalike minds, it's a rich feast - if you have the appetite. ;) i do. and that makes me feel so grateful. for the longest time, i felt completely incapable of learning anything. that ability was lost, i could not find it in me to enter anything new into my mind. it seemed like such a monumental effort just to get through a day. so adding "learning" into the picture again seemed too huge.

my only goal: i must do what's in front of me, and do it to the best of my ability.

and of course, that means i must not put any limitations on myself in regards to my ability!

2 comments:

Jeremy Marshall said...

Yes...and also, you should listen to a lot of Laura Nyro and Carole King. What does that have to do with anything, you ask? Laura Nyro, especially, will make you a better actress. I swear.

Unknown said...

laura nyro? who is this laura nyro you speak of? ... goes to google...;)