1.01.2006

prayer

prayer

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light,
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much
seek to be consoled as to console,
not so much to be understood as to understand,
not so much to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we recieve,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
it is in dying that we awake to eternal life."
- St. Francis of Assisi

-- my prayer for this year: to become more aware of who I am as God's child, and what I need to do in order to serve Him. May our Creator and Savior bless you as you enter this New Year.

2 comments:

Morris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chara said...

Hmmm... snickers?
Anyway...
I like this prayer- it screams of that whole balance thing, again. You forgive to be forgiven, you are forgiven and you learn how to forgive...
I think that my goal for the year is simply to be more balanced. Not to let whatever blows in the wind to direct my path, but to match the resistance:
fight stress with calm, silence with celebration, joy with sober prayerfulness... all those good things.