2.08.2006

family

it's lectureship week at FHU, there are crowds of sweet old ladies and boisterous preachers, big family groups, and lots and lots of surprise reunions. i love it. alot of the students on campus bemoan the lack of parking, the crowds in the cafeteria and all over campus, and the longer chapel talks... and the parking is annoying ... but i am so encouraged by the hundreds of people who come to be encouraged and to feast on the Word of God.

our adopted "granny" louise is staying in my dorm room this week, and i just love talking with her. she is so gracious and joyful. and then some of our "cousins" from south africa are here to check out freed and enjoy the lectures. ben and laura are auntie jean's kids - jean and mom were great friends growing up, and i have lots of memories of them visiting and playing with us as kids. so cool to see them now all grown.

one thing i'm really liking this week is that i have NO classes. all my classes this semester are Bible so they're out for the week so we can enjoy lectures. all i have to do is turn in notes from the lectures i attended.

i'm just so thankful for my extended family in the Lord and the incredible people, and love that surrounds me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I always love lectureship week too, because I love bumping into people I know all over campus. Unfortunately, my classes still meet. :(