8.18.2006

there is a people

my mom made me laugh this morning telling me about one of the church members in winfield who participated in the VBS "plays" i wrote. one was about esther - and this guy, who is the county attorney, played haman. apparently he was very enthused about his role, memorized his lines early, and wandered around saying lines. my favorite was, "there is a people..."

oh man. i guess you had to be there.

well, we celebrated ian's 18th birthday early at PF Chang's last night, and i fell in love with world market. i highly reccomend this store, i would have moved in if they would have let me. i plan to make a trip to the one in memphis now.

and so, another school year will commence next week. and i'm still hanging in there. somehow in the past two or three weeks, things have somehow balanced and righted themselves within me and without. i feel very blessed. times like these, of course, i approach with gratefulness and trepidation, because i know they are the times satan delights in snatching away from us.

so pray hard, and hold on.

i'm becoming ambitious again. a pleasing turn in my life development. i totally took my "A" in the NY trip class and now i feel confident that i can tackle a few more dr. t classes. plus, i will be stage managing for "miracle worker", and working in the theatre office. can i tell you how EXCITED i am about all of this?

i'm EXCITED about all of this.

on top of this, i am in a "get real" phase again on my weight. so the south beach diet and i are making a commitment, taking our relationship seriously, and incorporating the pilates dvd's that have been collecting neglect by my tv.

so if you're reading this, pray for me, that i'll keep my determination and meet my goals, with God's strength.

there is a people... hehehe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister and I love World Market as well. . . when I first took her, she said, "This is my new favorite store," after only taking one step inside!
And you're in my prayers for the diet and exercise. I hope your Pilates tapes get more use than my Yoga!