5.19.2007

and...

BLAM - the semester is OVER. and i am living in Richmond, VA for the summer. whoa. on top of it all, i only have two semesters left at freed - officially. i'm actually *this close* to finishing school and becoming a non-college student, WITH a degree. =D

may i just say that the state of virginia is gorgeous?? i am in LOVE with it. i am settled into my little flat, and relaxing with a glass of italian soda (blood orange) bought at the most amazing grocery store, and marvelling at the prospects before me. i'm living in a CITY, a big historic rambling beautiful old city - one that is four hundred years old and full of museums and art galleries and pretty pretty parks and stores and streets and ... i like virginia. i feel steeped in all sorts of history and art and ... coolness now.

so the big question rolling around in my head these days is this: what am i going to direct as my senior play next year. these are my top three:

- Hedda Gabler (Henrik Ibsen)
- Endgame (Samuel Beckett)
- A Doll's House (also Ibsen)

cliff got my hopes up earlier this semester when he said we could have "a conversation" about directing Mother Courage and Her Children - an amazing play by Bertolt Brecht - but alas, all it was WAS a conversation. so now i'm a little scribbly, trying to nail something down that i love and can DO at freed-hardeman. pleh. we shall see.

3 comments:

Chara said...

Grrr! I hate Ibsen, but I would sit through Ibsen for you!

I'm a bit jealous- missing the mountains of East TN right now. Missing the camping also. The mountains in the middle of summer are nice and cool.

Let us know how it's going and what you're up to!!

Chara

J H said...

Hey, lady, you're only a few hours from us ~ we're still here in Maryland, although we did move from Hagerstown to Frederick last year. Richmond is a lovely city, have a great summer exploring and enjoying it! ~ Jenn Hundley

Brittany said...

I love you. I miss you. I believe in you.

I want to go to Virginia now just because of how beautiful and wonderful you make it sound.