10.21.2005

up

things are looking up again. not that much has changed other than the usual self-administered attitude change - oh, and the weather!! yay! it's fallish, i like fallish in kansas! cool weather makes me happy, it makes me think about cider and warm sweaters and long walks and ... Christmas! i feel like clapping my hands and giggling now.

work is about the same, busy and full of amusing little soap operas. we're gearing up for the xmas season, yay retail. not.

found out the other day that i will definitely be able to transfer to southwestern next semester and that's a relief. this business of community college would kill me if i had to attend another semester. lots of interesting people, and learning happens because a student chooses to apply herself, but i'm a snob... there's just an entirely different level of teaching and scholarship at a university or 4 year college. different people and different goals.

still enjoying my creative writing class though... and the stimulation is just good for me. i feel like my imagination is stretching and warming up for something big. that makes me happy.

i am longing for two things: a break, and companionship - a friend without the attachments of relationship/family pulling them away. i know that's selfish of me, you don't know what you have until it's gone sometimes. and, it takes time to build friendships, and even just to meet people.

"I wait for the Lord, my
soul waits,
and in his word I put my
hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait
for the morning,
more than watchmen wait
for the morning."
Psalm 130:5-6

1 comment:

Chara said...

Such a good thing to remember- One of the Lord's names is The Morning Star.