9.21.2005

non-apologies

i thought of warning you readers that my last post was kind of dark. i decided not to, because i can't apologize for who i am or what i write... i'm taking a creative writing class right now and, it's becoming a great outlet for me. i'm finally writing steadily -- which hasn't happened in like, a million zillion years. so, from time to time, there will be little exerpts from the deep dark creative mind of stefanie that are a little more polished than my sundry musings... feel free to comment because i'd love some feedback. i've never really written poetry before even though i love to read it. my first fumbling attempts were in my american lit class last year under dr mac (one of my favoritest people) and so i've been playing with it ever since. mainly, it's just a good feeling of relief to be able to WRITE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
salida stage right said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mtnman said...

Honesty is definitely good. Too many Christians cheat themselves by not being honest just because some topics and issues are thorny. I say jump right in and ackowledge that much of life is messy and that is ok, even normal.

Chara said...

Mmm- my mtman is so wise.
So was Tennyson...
I sometimes hold it half a sin
to put in words the grief I feel;
For words, like Nature, half reveal
and half conceal the Soul within.

But, for the unquiet heart and brain,
a use in measured language lies;
The sad mechanic exercise,
like dull narcotics, numbing pain.

In words, like weeds, I'll wrap me o'er,
like coarsest clothes against the cold;
But that large grief which these enfold
is given in outline and no more.